Encouraging Better Social Skills in Children
On Thursdays from June 19 to July 31 (excluding July 3), Jennifer Stenzel, MA LCPC, will lead a group of students entering third to fifth grade this upcoming school year.
These children will learn:
– What they can do to deal with social discomforts in a new social setting.
– How to connect with their peers through age-appropriate communication.
– Ways they can work in a group setting by learning team-building skills.
– How to deal with disagreements with friends and other students while maintaining a good relationship with them.
– What they can do to identify other people’s feelings and how they can appropriately respond.
There will be six of these sessions, at a total cost of $250, to help these children figure out great ways to communicate with friends, other students and teachers. To register, call the Stenzel Clinical office at (630) 588-1201, extension 301.