Our New Mission Statement and Tagline
Helping ALL people live their lives well.
For quite some time, our mission statement was “Helping people live their lives well.” Our new statement is nearly identical, but we wanted to add an important point of emphasis. From our clients to our therapists to our community to the least of these, it is our mission to care as best we can for ALL people. Our revised mission statement and tagline reflect that goal.
Here’s Grant Stenzel on why we chose to make small but significant change.
By counseling a single individual, we realize the potential for them to improve not only their own situation, but those of their family, workplace, community and world.
These are our vows.
- To Our Clients
- Individuals, families and couples will receive the best mental health care possible.
- We will pair you with the ideal therapist.
- We will provide a non-judgmental, safe place to heal.
- We will provide faith-based Christian counseling if you choose it. We will never force religion and spirituality on you if you don’t want it.
- We will work with you and walk with you regardless of your race, religion, handicap, age, socioeconomic status, marital status or sexual orientation.
- To Our Staff
- We will work hard to build your skills and your own well-being.
- We will strive to be the best place to work.
- We will care for you, support you, challenge you to grow and help fill your tank.
- To Under-served Populations
- All our therapists will have at least one pro-bono client every year.
- Our highly-trained interns will see clients who need free or low-cost counseling.
- We will joyously donate our time, labor and dollars to Feed My Starving Children so we can serve people who need nutritious, life-saving meals.
- To the Community
- We will be a resource for teachers, counselors and school staff.
- We will be a place physicians feel confident sending their patients for the best possible care.
- We will provide a safe, grace-centered counseling space for local parishioners.
- We will train church staff and volunteers in ministering to people within their churches.
- We will consult with pastors to help them minister to all who seek help within their walls.